Samsung has just unveiled its flagship mobile processor claimed to be the fastest on its class. The upcoming Exynos 5 featuring a dual-core 1.7GHz CPU which comes with ultimate quad-core Mali GPU which will make you all ask, is this really intended for mobile devices? Learn more after the break.
Samsung Exynos 5250 SoC Specifications:
- A15 CPU dual-core 1.7GHz CPU
- Mali T604 quad-core GPU
- 800 Mhz LPDDR3 RAM support
- USB 3.0 support
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support; OpenCL 1.1 full profile support; DirectX 11 support
- Support for WXQGA (2560×1600) resolution
- Wifi display support
- 1080p 60 FPS video performance and VP8 codec decoder
Don’t be confused on why you’re reading USB 3 and DirectX support on this specs list, probably the chip is aimed to Samsung tablets that will be running Microsoft Windows 8. And don’t be surprised if you’ll see this powerful chip featured a Samsung Windows 8 tablet.
For the hardcore geeks, we all know that you’re waiting for benchmarks and yes, we’ll be waiting for a very short time before it gets pinned on your Android or Windows 8 devices.