In the second quarter of 2012, Verizon and Samsung will be releasing the 7.7-inch version of the Galaxy Tab; the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE I815 and as its name suggest this device is ready to jive with the fastest mobile wireless network – the 4G LTE.
Aside from the LTE capability, the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE I185 also features a super bright 7.7 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen (16M colors, 800 x 1280 pixels), 1.4-GHz dual-core(Exynos), Android 3.1(Honeycomb), 3 MP rear-facing camera, 2 MP front camera for video chat, Wi-Fi direct support, 802.11 b / g / n connectivity, 16 GB of onboard memory and microSD card slot expandable to 32 GB.
One unique feature of the Galaxy tab is the Smart Remote Peel which allows users to operate their home entertainment system through the integrated IR Blaster all with the touch of a finger.
Price will be announced closer to launch date so stay tune.
- General: CDMA 800 / 1900, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO, LTE 700 MHz Class 13 (This is not a GSM device, it will not work on any GSM network worldwide.)
- Form factor: Touchscreen Tablet
- Display: 7.7 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 800 x 1280 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass, TouchWiz UI
- CPU: Dual-core 1.4 GHz
- GPU: Exynos
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android OS, v3.1 (Honeycomb)
- Memory: 16/32 GB storage, microSD, up to 32GB
- Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, face and smile detection, 720p, Secondary 2 MP
- Connectivity: Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth with A2DP, Infrared port, USB v2.0 (proprietary)
- Misc: Accelerometer, compass
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE I815:
Click here for more news on Samsung Android Gadgets.