Samsung has officially unleashed its seventh Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0), first tablet in the company’s 2012 lineup and the first tablet installed with the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Like its predecessor, the Galaxy Tab 2 comes with a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display (16M colors, 1024×600 pixels) equipped with the state-of-the-art Samsung PLS-LCD technology for improved viewing angles. It runs with two cores working side to side at 1GHz and has 1GB of RAM. It has an internal storage of 8/16/32GB and can further be expanded by 64GB through microSD external storage. The device also houses two built-in cameras; a rear-facing 3MP and a 1.3MP front-facing web camera. It also features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and HSPA+ connectivity accompanied by A-GPS support and GLONASS.
Aside from the latest TouchWiz UI, users can also benefit to Samsung’s new feature called Samsung S Suggest for app recommendations and a content-sharing service called AllShare Play.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) is reportedly will be first presented in the United Kingdom in March of this year.
- General: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- Form factor: Touchscreen tablet
- Dimensions: 193.7 x 122.4 x 10.5 mm, 344 g
- Display: 7.0 inches PLS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 600 x 1024 pixels, Multitouch TouchWiz UX UI
- CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android OS, v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Memory: 8/16/32 GB storage, microSD, up to 64GB
- Camera: Primary 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, Geo-tagging, smile detection, 1080p@30fps Secondary VGA
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA (21 Mbps), HSUPA (5.76 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, HS, Infrared port, USB microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go support
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0):