With the aim of providing customers with the industry’s best mobile broadband experience with leading 4G LTE device portfolio, along with best-in-class apps and network, AT&T has released five smartphones and one tablet all powered by 4G LTE planned for availability in early 2012.
Included in the AT&T lineup is the new Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, a sophisticatedly designed and highly functional 4G LTE smartphone, 9.27 mm thick and features a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen (1280×720), as well as a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for ultra-smooth game play and video playback. It runs on Android v2.3.5 Gingerbread platform. One remarkable feature of the Skyrocket HD is the Visual Voicemail which allows users to instantly see list of messages with the sender details so users can choose to read or just ignore the message.
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD along with the other smartphones released by AT&T including Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Exhilarate Pantech Element and Burst Xperia ion from Sony Xperia ion will support access to the richest entertainment experiences from Sony Entertainment Network. Music Unlimited offers a global catalog of more than 12 million unique songs, while Video Unlimited has the latest Hollywood blockbusters and TV shows from all major studios.
- General: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100; LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Display: 4.65 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 720 x 1280 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass, TouchWiz UI
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 16GB storage; microSD, up to 32GB
- Camera: Primary 8 MP (3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash), Touch-focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, image stabilization, 1080p@30fps, Secondary 2 MP
- Connectivity: EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA (21 Mbps), HSUPA (5.76 Mbps), LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR, NFC, USB v2.0 microUSB (MHL)
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, A-GPS support, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD:
Click here for more news on Samsung Android Phones.