LTE is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals. Peak download rates go up to 299.6 Mbit/s and upload rates go up to 75.4 Mbit/s (depending on the user equipment category). That’s why Samsung has high hopes with its release of the new Galaxy Note 1717 with LTE capability in the United States.
Samsung Galaxy Note 1717 LTE, also known as the Galaxy Note 1717 4G or Samsung SGH – 1717 combines the best features of a smartphone with the larger viewing screen of a tablet and the convenience of a notepad. Its mammoth 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED™ screen (1280×800) is the world’s first largest screen on a smartphone providing sharp, clear colors and readability both indoors and out. Alongside of the Galaxy Note is the most advanced pen input technology; the S Pen™ which allows users to easily sketch drawings, jot down notes, or write emails and texts promptly and easily in free-form handwriting.
The LTE capability upgrade however is complemented with the replacement of the more powerful Exynos silicon of the global version with two 1.5GHz Scorpion cores on a Snapdragon S3 chipset.
- General: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900; HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100; LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 146.8 x 83 x 9.7 mm, 178 g
- Display: 5.3 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (800 x 1280 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass, TouchWiz UI
- CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion
- GPU: Adreno 220, Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon chipset
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 16GB storage; microSD, up to 32GB
- Camera: Primary 8 MP (3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash), Touch-focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, image stabilization, 1080p video recording, Secondary 2 MP
- Connectivity: EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA (21 Mbps), HSUPA (5.76 Mbps), LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR NFC, USB v2.0 microUSB (MHL), USB On-the-go
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, A-GPS support and GLONASS, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
Samsung Galaxy Note 1717 LTE:
Click here for more news on Samsung Android Phones.