For those looking for a smart handset that can withstand to a little more abuse than the average phone then you might want to check out the new Motorola DEFY+, last year’s Motorola DEFY predecessor. DEFY+ features faster processor, new chipset, upgraded platform, long battery life, and some small tweaks that improve user experience.
The new DEFY+ runs faster with 1 GHz Cortex-A8 central processing unit, (200 MHz faster than its predecessor) embedded on a new TI OMAP 3620 chipset (from the previous TI OMAP 3610). The system is then operated by the more responsive Android 2.3 Gingerbread platform, a great improvement from the previous Android 2.2 Froyo. The new platform improves user experience with better copy and paste and improved power and application management.
In addition to these, Motorola’s Motoblur software allows users to stay in touch with friends, providing quick access to social media accounts and live widgets directly from the home screen. While Motorola Media Link allows users to sync their media content from their desktops at home or work. The new DEFY+ also comes loaded with the ability to create group emails and communication to stay in touch with friends like in Facebook and Twitter.
For the user to enjoy the phone longer while on the move, the new DEFY+ battery has been improved from 1540mAh to 1700mAh, resulting to an impressive 7.1 hours of talk time and 16 days in standby.
And to wrap things off, the new DEFY+ is still the water resistant, scratch resistant and dust proof handset with a decent 3.7-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, 5MP camera and preloaded with bunch of antennas for connectivity.
- General: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G, HSDPA 900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 2100 or HSDPA 850 / 1900
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 107 x 59 x 13.4 mm, 118 g
- Display: 3.7 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480×854 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass, MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets
- CPU: 1 GHz Cortex-A8
- GPU: PowerVR SGX530, TI OMAP 3620 chipset
- RAM: 512 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- OS: Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 2 GB storage, microSD, up to 32GB, 2GB included
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, image stabilization, video@30fps
- Connectivity: GPRS Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 – 48 kbps, EDGE Class 12, HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR, USB microUSB v2.0, HS
- Misc: Accelerometer, proximity, compass, with A-GPS support, Stereo FM radio with RDS
Click here for more news on Motorola Android Gadgets.