While most of the tablets out in the market are going for the thinner, sleeker look, there are others that define the trend and tend to do the opposite. That’s what Toshiba’s Thrive does — at 15.7mm thick and weighing 771g — some might be turned off by the sheer bulk that this carries. But don’t let the form factor alone deter you from this as Toshiba has packed a beefy machine in the Thrive. For example, it has ports from HDMI to SD to USB, no mini ports, no custom adapters, just full on default ports. This makes compatibility and compliance of the tablet not much of an issue. As with the other tablets in the list, it has a 1 GHz dual-core Tegra 2 processor. As if the tablet doesn’t feel like a laptop already, you can also attach regular keyboards and mouse to it. So unless the bulk turns you off, this highly compatible tablet may be your choice.
- Dimensions: 272 x 175 x 15 mm, 771 g
- Display: 10.1″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (1280 x 800)
- CPU: Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset
- RAM: 1GB
- OS:Android OS v3.0 Honeycomb
- Memory: 8/16/32 GB storage
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, miniUSB 2.0, microUSB 2.0
- Misc: MP4/H.264 video support, HDMI port, Digital compass, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
Check out Toshiba AT100 / Thrive listings.