Sony entered the tablet game a little late but that doesn’t mean that they won’t make any impact to the market. Here is the offering, simply named Tablet S and Sony has made sure that despite being late, you’d consider them when getting a tablet. From the get go, the form factor is immediately noticeable as it definitely looks and feels like a book folded to one side, producing a round side that’s very comfortable to hold as well as place on your lap. It also weighs at 600g, the same as of the iPad 2. And with it being from Sony, it’s a no brainer that they’ll include some PlayStation functionality to it, allowing users to have access to some exclusive titles on the PSNetwork. If you’re thinking of getting something unique amidst all the tablet users, then this is definitely for you.
- Dimensions: 241.2 x 174.3 x 10.1-20.6 mm, 598 g
- Display: 9.4″ TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (1280 x 800)
- CPU: Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset
- RAM: 1GB
- OS:Android OS v3.1 Honeycomb
- Memory: SD, expandable to 32GB
- Camera: 5 MP, 2560х1920 pixels, autofocus; Touch focus, image stabilization, geo-tagging, face and smile detection, 720p video capture @ 30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, microUSB 2.0 with USB host support
- Misc: MP4/H.264 video support, Digital compass, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Three-axis Gyro sensor
Check out Sony Tablet S listings.