Despite being launched during the second quarter of 2011, Samsung’s Galaxy S II remains to be one of the best Android smartphones out there. Let’s the form factor for example, despite the huge screen compared to most phones, the S II doesn’t feel heavy at all. In fact, it’s lighter and thinner as well. While the S II has a bigger screen, it still has the same resolution as its predecessor, but it definitely compensates for it with the Super AMOLED+ display, adding 50% more subpixels allowing for a sharper display. Then let’s not forget its 1 GHz dual-core processor at 1 GB RAM, this allows it’s 8 MP rear camera to shoot 1080 and 720p video modes. Add to that its very intuitive user interface over Gingerbread (and Ice Cream Sandwich by 2012) and the Galaxy S II is a pretty nifty smartphone that will make as one of the best there is.
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm, 116 g
- Display: 4.3″ 16M-color WVGA (480 x 800 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass,
- CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex A9 1.2 GHz processor, Orion chipset
- GPU: Mali-400MP
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Memory: 16/32GB storage, microSD card slot
- Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, front facing camera, video-calls
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go
- Misc: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input
Check out Samsung Galaxy S II listings.