Android Ice Cream Sandwich along with Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime have had their official debut today at an event hosted by Google and Samsung in Hongkong. After the break, we have some of the features you need to know about the new Android OS along with a very cool promo video, check them all.
The promo video highlights some of the new features of Android ICS which includes an improved UI on notifications and multitasking, face unlock, Live Effects in the Camera, panorama pictures, quick response, data usage meter and Android Beam.
Here’s a breakdown of features as reported by Mashable:
- Big, fast and powerful: the Nexus Prime has a 4.65-inch display and LTE, runs one of the fastest 4G networks in the world and has a dual core 1.2ghz processor.
- Everything about this phone is smoother. There’s a new font optimized for HD, software buttons replace hardware buttons and the keyboard’s improved.
- Your face unlocks the phone, as facial recognition replaces a traditional pass code.
- The new and improved camera has zero shutter lag, autofocuses, takes low-light photos, stitches together images into seamless panoramas and shoots 1080p, time-lapsed video. You also have lots of instant editing options such as removing red eye, adding a “hipster” filter or cropping.
- The phone gives you a detailed analysis of your data usage, down to the very app sucking up all your bytes.
- Android Beam eases sharing between phones — simply bump your phone against another Android to transfer videos, maps or other content.
- Gmail and Google calendar have slick new looks and are integrated into the OS.
- The People app innovates your contacts list, linking individuals with all of their social profiles.
- You can multitask and view your recent apps.
- Developers can download the SDK starting immediately. The phone will ship to the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia in November.